About CPR First Aid
Whether you’re returning to work after a long absence, looking for a new career or simply meeting the requirements of your current workplace, we’re here to help you and we genuinely care.
When you train with us, you have the option to visit our established, spacious, high-spec training centres in either Melbourne or Sydney, but – should that seem too far to travel – we’re equally happy to accommodate your needs by hiring a venue closer to you or by sending an accredited first aid instructor to your place of business. Courses can be tailored to suit the requirements of your workplace and portions of the work can be completed online to save time.
Here at CPR First Aid, we don’t believe in dull, monotonous teaching. Our aim is to make all of our first aid training courses fun, efficient and – above all – memorable.
We understand that training can be perceived as a burden, but it is our mission to make your training as positive as possible. We promise a fresh and dynamic learning experience, guaranteed to revitalise and enthuse!
CPR First Aid was first established in 2007 and, since then, we have worked hard to develop an extensive range of first aid training courses, delivering premium quality programmes to both public and private sectors.
Call us today on 1300 642 427 to find out more with no obligation to book, or browse our other webpages for details on a variety of first aid training courses. From cleansing eyes to saving lives, we can provide the right course for you!
With 20,000 trainees successfully gaining an accreditation with us each year, CPR First Aid is proud to supply some of the most intuitively constructed, engaging first aid training courses in Australia. A NRT first aid certificate can work wonders on your resume!
CPR First Aid is regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA), a national regulator that ensures vocational education and training are continually revised in accordance with the latest techniques and content, in keeping with both international and Australian standards. As such, we are a registered training organisation (#21903) committed to the highest standards of teaching, delivering VET-accredited first aid training courses to suit a universal audience.
What time does the class start?
Our day-time classes all start promptly at 9:45am, depending on the location you have chosen. Our evening and express classes, commence at 3:45pm.
Participants need to be in the room 15 minutes early to complete any pre-enrolment paperwork.
When can I receive my certificate?
We will issue a digital Statement of Attainment (for Units of Competency) via email at the conclusion of the practical session, provided that:
- Your trainer and assessor is satisfied that you have achieved competency in the essential skills and knowledge, and
- You have made payment for your training.
- Statements will be processed and issued 7pm weekdays
What is 'blended study'?
Blended study means that you will learn through a mix of on-line study plus attending a hands-on practical session.
The benefits are that you can study and be assessed at your own pace, in your own time, when it is convenient for you. As with all the first aid courses, there are some essential skills that must be trained and assessed in the classroom.
Is CPR First Aid a recognised training provider?
CPR First Aid is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO ID 21903) with the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA). We were first registered as an RTO in February 2007 and have had our most recent renewal of registration audit in July 2012.
You can read more about us on training.gov.au.
Can you tell me about your regulators?
Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA)
ASQA is the national regulator for Australia’s Vocational Education and Training sector. ASQA regulates training courses and training providers to ensure that nationally approved quality standards are met. www.asqa.gov.au
Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF)
The Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) is the system that identifies the various levels of educational qualifications in Australia. AQF qualifications are nationally recognised and progress through increasingly complex work and learning situations, which prepares you for more responsibility in the workplace or further education. AQF qualifications require you to successfully complete a range of tasks to demonstrate your competence. In many cases, the material studied can be related to the tasks you perform in your workplace, and the studies you do at one level may reduce the time you need to study to gain a qualification at a higher level. www.aqf.edu.au
Training.gov.au is the database on Vocational Education and Training in Australia. TGA is the official National Register of information on Training Packages, Qualifications, Courses, Units of Competency and Registered Training Organisations (RTOs) and has been developed for experienced training sector users. www.training.gov.au
Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC)
The Australian Resuscitation Council develops the content used in first aid training courses. All courses offered by CPR First Aid are consistent with ARC guidelines. www.resus.org.au
Personal information collected by CPR First Aid (CPRFA) is protected by the Privacy Act 1988 (the ‘Privacy Act’). Personal information is all information that can be used to identify you.
CPRFA follows the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act in handling personal information from all clients.
- We will not collect personal information unless the information is necessary for one or more of our functions or activities.
- We will not use or disclose personal information about an individual for a purpose (the secondary purpose) other than the primary purpose of collection unless the individual has consented to the use or disclosure.
- We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- We will take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- We will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information if it is no longer needed for any purpose for which the information may be used or disclosed.
- We have documented policies on our management of personal information. We will make the document available to anyone who asks for it.
- We take reasonable steps to let a person know, generally, what sort of personal information it holds, for what purposes, and how we collect, hold, use and disclose that information.
- We will provide an individual with access to their information on request by that individual.
Your personal information may be used to:
- Provide you with a service;
- Report to government bodies, or;
- Respond to your feedback or complaints.
If you have any enquiries in relation to privacy or personal information, please contact CPR First Aid either by using the form under the “Contact Us” tab or by emailing us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
CPR First Aid are always looking for vibrant and fun trainers to join our great team.
If you are an experienced first aid trainer with all current qualifications please contact us with your resume and a cover letter, we'd love to hear from you.
If you're thinking of becoming a first aid trainer, and have completed your TAE qualification (or are in the process of completing), we are particularly interested in recruiting experienced and/or retired paramedics or emergency care professionals.
Get in touch today for more information.